Partnering with NIC gives your business a distinct advantage: seamless connections with University talent and the built-in resources and established culture to leverage those connections for innovation. Plus, with all the amenities and access available, your team is set up to thrive.
The main advantage to having a presence on NIC is the opportunity to immerse your team into a collaborative and innovative culture filled with creative energy. University talent (from faculty to students) and private sector talent are brought together, and connections facilitated, to enhance the opportunity to transform ideas into innovation that impacts the world.
NIC is located adjacent to, and within biking distance of, the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. NIC is also located within 50 miles of the University of Nebraska Medical Center. This allows for endless opportunities to connect with research partnerships, qualified employees and motivated students.
Priority access is offered to the NIC Conference Center facilities; priority access to UNL core facilities; and priority access to NICDC, UNL Industry Relations and NUtech Ventures staff. Partners also enjoy a discounted membership to Nebraska Innovation Studio, the makerspace located on NIC. Nebraska Innovation Studio is the place where creators of all sorts can innovate, collaborate and fabricate.
NIC is heated and cooled by a renewable energy source, the Central Renewable Energy System (CRES), which utilizes the City of Lincoln’s effluent from a waste water treatment plant. NIC is working toward becoming a zero-waste facility. A collaboration with Prairieland Dairy allows NIC partners to collect and compost organic waste. NIC facilities also feature single stream recycling. All NIC buildings are energy efficient, meeting a minimum LEED Silver standard, and smart technology in all NIC buildings allows for daylight harvesting and other energy efficiencies.
NIC partners have the opportunity to become affiliate employees of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Affiliate status provides access to:
- Printed materials at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln libraries
- Students for internships, research projects and work-study
- Assistance from University of Nebraska–Lincoln Career Services to acquaint partners with how to create internships
- Complimentary 100Mb high speed internet connection to your NIC location and free access to NIC's redundant fiber ring
- Convenient bus transportation that connects NIC to University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s two campuses and the City of Lincoln
- Reciprocal parking between NIC and University of Nebraska–Lincoln campuses (upon request)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in common spaces on NIC and University of Nebraska–Lincoln campuses
- Licensing opportunities for university-owned inventions
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln state-of-the-art digital copy center and offset printing press
- Educational pricing on phone accessories and computer equipment at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Huskertech store
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry service pick up and delivery provided by Hangers Cleaners
- This Week @ NIC, a weekly e-newsletter with stories about our cutting-edge research, campus updates, upcoming events and more
- NIC Partner exclusive events and programs that build relationships, promote wellness and engage the local community
- Child care at the UNL Children's Center
- Discounts at the University Bookstore
- Discounted room rate at The Scarlet Hotel
- Discounted event space rental at the NIC Conference Center
- Discounted membership to Nebraska Innovation Studio
- Discounted membership to BikeLNK
- Discounted membership to the UNL Campus Recreation including the Campus Recreation Center, Recreation & Wellness Center and Outdoor Adventures Center facilities
- Discounted membership to the University of Nebraska State Museum including the Morrill Hall, Ashfall Fossil Beds and Trailside Museum locations
- Discounted tickets to Lied Center for Performing Arts, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts and Nebraska Athletics sporting events (when available)
- Deposit digital materials to the UNL Digital Commons repository for long-term preservation and world-wide electronic accessibility
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln Sheldon Museum of Art, International Quilt Study Center & Museum and the Lester F. Larson Tractor Test and Power Museum
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Office of Diversity and Inclusion for workshops and a special invitation to join #NCLUDE to become part of a community of learners dedicated to understanding diversity through education
NIC welcomes companies of all sizes creating a culture filled with a mix of startups, medium sized companies and larger companies. NIC offers office space, wet/dry lab space, pilot plant space and greenhouse space for lease.