Parking at NIC
On-Street Parking at NIC
On-street parking at Nebraska Innovation Campus is metered and is enforced by the City of Lincoln Parking Services Division from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Please pay for metered on-street parking using your phone (Zone 80) or by using a physical pay station.
Pay by Phone:
- Use the Passport app. Simply create an account or log in, select Zone 80, enter your plate number, select your time, then click continue to start your session. A text message will be sent as a reminder before the session ends.
- Visit m.ppprk.com to register and pay.
- Call (402) 395-8957 to register and pay.
Pay Using a Pay Station:
There is an additional way to pay for metered on-street parking at Nebraska Innovation Campus. Two physical pay stations (one located on 21st Street and one located on Transformation Drive) allow visitors to pay for on-street metered parking using a credit card or coins.
How does it work? Visitors park their vehicles on the street and then go to a pay station. At the pay station, they enter their license plate number and purchase parking. The pay station uses license plate information to identify vehicles and know that a visitor has paid.
Please note: Pay stations are for on-street metered parking payments only. Pay stations cannot be used to pay for parking payments for vehicles parking in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive. Parking in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive must be paid for using the Passport Parking app (Zone 9900).
Metered on-street parking at NIC is enforced from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The parking rate is $1.25 per hour.
Guest Parking at NIC Using the Passport Parking App
Payment is required for parking in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive. Please use the Passport Parking app (Zone 9900) to pay for parking if you are parked in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive. Paid parking will be enforced from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Please note: Pay stations at Nebraska Innovation Campus are for on-street metered parking payments only. Pay stations cannot be used to pay for parking payments for vehicles parking in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive. Parking in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive must be paid for using the Passport Parking app (Zone 9900).
Not familiar with the Passport Parking app? Using Passport Parking is easy!
- Download the Passport Parking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Park anywhere you see Passport Parking app signs & decals.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone using Zone 9900.
- Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
If you have questions about guest parking at Nebraska Innovation Campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NIC/UNL Permit Parking at NIC
If you have a Nebraska Innovation Campus parking permit do not use the Passport Parking app to pay for parking. Nebraska Innovation Campus parking permits are valid in parking lots with first come first served parking (orange spaces), reserved spaces (numbered yellow hang tags only) and the paved lot north of Transformation Drive.
If you have a University of Nebraska–Lincoln parking permit please notify Parking and Transit Services and request that your permit be added to the reciprocal visitor list. Send the request from your official UNL email account to email@example.com. Your license will then be added to the NIC permit roster. Access remains for the effective period of your UNL permit. After your UNL permit has been added to the NIC permit roster, do not use the Passport Parking app to pay for parking in the lot north of Transformation Drive. University of Nebraska–Lincoln parking permits are valid only in the paved lot north of Transformation Drive.
If you have a University of Nebraska–Lincoln student parking permit do not use the Passport Parking app to pay for parking in the lot north of Transformation Drive. University of Nebraska–Lincoln student permits are valid in the student parking section of the paved lot north of Transformation Drive.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at NIC
Electric vehicle charging stations are now operational at Nebraska Innovation Campus! You will find two charging stations located at the south end of the Greenhouse Innovation Center parking lot. The charging stations can be used by NIC Partners and the general public.
Charging Stations Available:
- ChargePoint CT4000 | Level 2 Charging Station: $1.50/hour for the first four hours; $20.00/hour thereafter
- ChargePoint Express 250 | High-power DC Charging Station: $5.00/hour for the first four hours; $20.00/hour thereafter
To use ChargePoint EV charging stations, please sign up for a ChargePoint account or call ChargePoint Customer Service at +1 (888) 758-4389.
Creating a ChargePoint Account:
- To create a ChargePoint account, please visit https://www.chargepoint.com/ and sign up (Chrome or Firefox browsers only)
- Download the ChargePoint App or request a ChargePoint card that can be mailed to the address provided during registration.
Use the following steps to charge your vehicle at the ChargePoint charging stations at Nebraska Innovation Campus.
At the Charging Station:
- Tap to charge. With the ChargePoint app installed, open the app and hold your phone over the reader symbol on the station. Your payment will be received via credit card or Android/Apple Pay.
- iPhone: In the ChargePoint app, go to Menu, select Account and then Manage Cards. Pick "set it up,” add your ChargePoint pass to Apple Wallet and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- Android: Enable NFC, turn your phone screen on and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- Please note: To use tap to charge, you will need iPhone SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7 and 7 Plus running iOS 10 or newer, Apple Watch Series 2, Series 1 and 1st generation or Android 4.4 or later with NFC.
- Use the ChargePoint card.Tap your activated ChargePoint card on the card reader symbol on the station.
- Contact ChargePoint Customer Service. Call +1 (888) 758-4389 to start a charging session over the phone.
- Begin Charging Session
- The charging port will be released.
- Plug the port into your vehicle to begin charging.
- The ChargePoint App can now provide you with updates about your vehicle's charging status and notifications when your vehicle is fully charged.
- End Charging Session
- Disengage the port from your vehicle and place it back on the ChargePoint station to end your session.
For questions regarding your account, please call the ChargePoint Customer Service line at +1 (888) 758-4389.