Electric vehicle charging stations are now operational at NIC! You will find two charging stations located in the south end of the Greenhouse Innovation Center parking lot. The charging stations can be used by NIC Partners and the general public.
Charging Stations Available:
- ChargePoint CT4000 | Level 2 Charging Station: $1.50/hour for the first four hours; $20.00/hour thereafter
- ChargePoint Express 250 | High-power DC Charging Station: $5.00/hour for the first four hours; $20.00/hour thereafter
To use ChargePoint EV charging stations, please sign up for a ChargePoint account or call ChargePoint Customer Service at +1 (888) 758-4389.
Creating a ChargePoint Account:
- To create a ChargePoint account, please visit https://www.chargepoint.com/ and sign up (Chrome or Firefox browsers only)
- Download the ChargePoint App or request a ChargePoint card that can be mailed to the address provided during registration.
Use the following steps to charge your vehicle at the ChargePoint charging stations at Nebraska Innovation Campus.
At the Charging Station:
- Tap to charge. With the ChargePoint app installed, open the app and hold your phone over the reader symbol on the station. Your payment will be received via credit card or Android/Apple Pay.
- iPhone: In the ChargePoint app, go to Menu, select Account and then Manage Cards. Pick "set it up,” add your ChargePoint pass to Apple Wallet and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- Android: Enable NFC, turn your phone screen on and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- Please note: To use tap to charge, you will need iPhone SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7 and 7 Plus running iOS 10 or newer, Apple Watch Series 2, Series 1 and 1st generation or Android 4.4 or later with NFC.
- Use the ChargePoint card.Tap your activated ChargePoint card on the card reader symbol on the station.
- Contact ChargePoint Customer Service. Call +1 (888) 758-4389 to start a charging session over the phone.
- Begin Charging Session
- The charging port will be released.
- Plug the port into your vehicle to begin charging.
- The ChargePoint App can now provide you with updates about your vehicle's charging status and notifications when your vehicle is fully charged.
- End Charging Session
- Disengage the port from your vehicle and place it back on the ChargePoint station to end your session.
For questions regarding your account, please call the ChargePoint Customer Service line at +1 (888) 758-4389.