The State of Nebraska has passed legislation that will transfer a 249-acre parcel to UNL on January 1, 2010. This area, directly north of the UNL City Campus, was designated to be used for, and transformed into, Nebraska Innovation Campus (NIC), a public/private research and technology development center.
On May 26, 2011, the Nebraska Legislature passed its two-year budget focusing on its top priorities: education and jobs, including a $25 million investment in Nebraska Innovation Campus. Click to read more?
Based on the NICDC Board strategic plan, the physical characteristics of Nebraska Innovation Campus will include the following:
- Two million square feet of space with 500,000 square feet completed within 5 years
- Uniquely designed buildings of quality construction that promote positive energy, foster interaction, and stimulate ideas, collaboration, sustainability and innovation
- Up to 7,000 people on the campus working in a collaborative environment where talented people come together intellectually to transform ideas into innovation
- Amenities for the benefit of those working on campus
Strategic Planning Report
NIC Frequently Asked Questions
Vist our Frequently Asked Questions page to find out more about Nebraska Innovation Campus.
Vision Statement: A dynamic environment where university and private sector talent transform ideas into innovation that impacts the world.
One of the primary attractions to Nebraska Innovation Campus will be the opportunity of private sector companies to become an intimate partner with the University and to locate adjacent to University of Nebraska-Lincoln research facilities and faculties.
Nebraska Innovation Campus is a conduit that connects the talent and abilities of individuals, companies and the University.
Nebraska Innovation Campus tenants will find themselves in unique buildings surrounded by a collaborative, innovative environment. NUtech Ventures will provide Technology Commercialization and startup expertise to NIC tenants. NIC tenants will aslo benefit from:
- Expanded access to commercial markets
- Expanded access to talented people and research capabilities
- Expanded access to talented potential employees
Contact UsOur staff would like to explore partnership opportunities with you.
Nebraska Innovation Campus
230 Whittier Research Center
P.O. Box 830859
Lincoln, NE 68583-0859
Phone: (402) 472-5535