Numerous business and marketing advantages exist for the attraction of occupants for Nebraska Innovation Campus (NIC).
These advantages include:
- The NIC is strategically located with excellent access to an interstate, highway, rail service, and two regional airports.
- The Nebraska Advantage Act is legislation that provides incentives for businesses that invest in the state and hire Nebraskans. In this progressive, probusiness tax climate, corporate income and sales taxes are reduced or virtually eliminated. For more information please click to learn more.
- The combined computer capacity at the Holland Computing Center in Omaha and UNL's computing center provides one of the largest supercomputing facilities in the nation.
- Nebraska offers exceptional quality of life, clean air, excellent educational opportunities, safe environments, unmatched work ethic, business-friendly atmosphere, and a lower-overall cost of living.
- The public power system provides customers with electrical power at some of the lowest rates in the nation.
- Nebraska has an overall cost of living that ranks below the national average in all major categories, including food, housing, utilities, transportation, and health care.
- The four campuses of the University of Nebraska system engage in considerable collaborative activities, particularly iin research, and occupants of NIC would have access to these combined resources and established networks.
Additionally, Nebraska is known for:
- Top 10 of Best States for Business, Forbes Magazine, 2008
- 3rd of Lowest Cost of Doing Business, Milken Institute, Cost-of-Doing-Business, 2007
- Top 10 of States Recieving a 5-Star on the 2007 States Healthcare Cost Quotient, Expansion Management Magazine, 2007
- 2nd for the Fairness of Litigation Environment, Institute for Legal Reform, US Chamber of Commerce State Liability Systems Ranking Study, 2008
- 3rd in Employment per Population Ratio for Populations of 16+ years of age, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2007
- 1st in Gazelle Jobs (firms with annual sales revenue that has grown 20 percent or more for four straight years), Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, 2007 State New Economy Index, 2007
- 4th for the Best Quality of Life
- 5th for the Best Education Climate, Business Facilities Magazine, Annual Rankings Report, 2008
- 4th Best State for Jobs, CareerBulider.com, 2008
- 4th Lowest Average Travel Time to Work, U.S. Bureau of the Census
For additional information, download "Nebraska Quality of Life".